The eTrap contains a vibration sensor, designed specifically to detect vibrations made when spring traps within the trap housing are triggered, thereby indicating a predator kill.
Thoughtful design means that the eTrap device is easy to install with just 2 self tapping screws onto the side walls of the trap housing.
The eTrap is custom built in New Zealand and is a very robust device to meet New Zealand's rugged conditions.
The eTrap was designed and built around 6 main pillars:
• Low Power for long battery life - for long field life of 7+ years
• Low Cost - allowing large scale project deployments
• Robustness - to meet NZ’s challenging environments
• Ease of Installation - device is easily installed onto multiple kill trap types
• Ease of Use - Bluetooth sync in the field with a mobile app
• Data Reporting - accuracy and reliability of providing data and alerts.
The eTrap is fitted with an external antenna providing for unparalleled transmitting range, which has been reordered at over 150km's to a Sigfox tower.